Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Results

I'm done! I officially finished my cleanse yesterday! I am so glad that I don't need to take 12 pills a day anymore. I feel for people who have a lot medications to take daily, it sucks! Especially if the pills are the size of my big toe! OK, I'm exaggerating a little.
Now to the results. I have to say, I think it was worth it! I did not get all that I was promised. Did my skin clear up? NO. Did my immune system get strengthened? No (I am currently on the brink of a cold). Did I lose weight? No. Is my tummy flatter? No. So you may be asking, "what good did it do?" I'll tell you. I think that I feel better. I don't feel as groggy or low energy as I did before. I also have noticed an improvement in my workouts. My heart rate seems to be lower for the energy that I am exerting. In other words it feels like I got faster all of a sudden. For any of you who know me and how I like to race, this is HUGE!!! My skepticisms were: 1) Do I feel more energetic due to warmer weather or the cleanse?(absolutely beautiful last week). 2) Do I feel better because I ate better for two weeks (although, I didn't eat all that great).
Conclusion. I think that I will do it again in a few months. I think I will try another system. (Tara, I'll be in touch) I also think that I will try to eat a more cleanse friendly diet. Hopefully in the mean time I will be better about what I eat. I saw Dr Oz on Oprah today. He was talking about cleanse diets and whether they are a hoax. He said that they won't do all they promise in one to two weeks. But they are a good jump start to kicking bad eating habits and cravings so you will be less toxic over time.
I know how much better I feel, how much more energy I have and how much faster I am when I eat well. So why is it so hard? Why can't my appetite get on page with the rest of my body? Why is sugar soooo good? If anyone has an answer, you'll make millions! Maybe with long term healthy eating and biannual cleanses one will obtain all of the cleanse's promised results. As for me, I guess only time and discipline will tell!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Good job Brooke! Glad that you feel more energy anyway. Just give me a call and I will tell you more about the Usana Reset program. I know you will LOVE it! Totally designed to significantly reduce carb and more specifically, sugar cravings. You will feel the results.

Kristen said...

brooke, the only reason you didn't lose weight and get a flatter stomach is because there is no need. your body knows that you don't need any improvement in those areas. i admire you for being so in touch with your body. it's hard enough for me to exercise and lay off the potato chips let alone think about all the other crap that's inside me. and even further, to try to clean it all out of myself? WOW your body is truly a well oiled machine and i marvel at that!

Becky, yep said...

You are so diciplined! I wish I was that intouch with my body. I may have to give Tara's program a try and see if it helps with that!

Lisa Cannon said...

You should try Tara's program and let me know how it goes. I'm interested!

Tara said...

ok girls...how about you just all do it together? that would be great to have the support for each other. I can hook you up! Maybe I will even do it again....let me know

Shiela Campbell said...

Hi I am Kristen's mom and I have the answer for you!
The perfect cleanse and IT WORKS!!
Call Me if Interested 292-5507

Shiela Campbell 22-5507