Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Favorite Dress

This is in response to Becky's tag. I had many a favorite dress growing up. The one I am posting a picture of was made by my mom. My little dance group (I was in second grade) put on a performance of The Nutcracker. I was one of the friends dancing around with a present. I LOVED this dress! (Belle doesn't seem to share my enthusiasm, she won't wear it for dress-ups!)
My next favorite dress was a little pink number I wore for about a year straight. I still remember my mom telling me that I could not wear the same dress to church every week! It was light pink, had a lace collar and was pleated all the way around the skirt so that it would swirl up as I turned. I would wear it with my pink leg warmers and my roller skates. I was channelling Olivia Newton-John in Xanadu (only one of the best shows ever made! ha ha) I can't tell you how much I wanted to be like her skating around to disco-like music. I thought she was so beautiful! I still remember the first time I saw Xanadu (just to show what an impression it made on my eight year old brain). My poor family! I know I had either Xanadu or Grease on every day. Oh the good old days pretending to be Olivia, skating around the neighborhood in my Xanadu dress and leg warmers. Some of the best summer memories of my life!

5 comments:

The Ringleader said...

That's why we get along so well, our shared love of Xanadu and Grease. Oh, the classics. I am shocked when I meet people who don't even know what those movies are! They are the same people that didn't grow up watching Goonies or Girls Just Want To Have Fun. Tragic! I would love to see some pics of the nutcracker and pink pleated dress.

Kristen said...

i also am waiting for the pictures!

go boo boo said...

We totally used to Xanadu skate in our garage.

Becky, yep said...

oh, my! okay..Olivia Newton John...FIRST concert I ever went to... The 'Lets get Physical' Tour! I love everything she's ever done!

On the dress twirl, our little neighbor girl will only wear dresses with 'Extra Spin'! So cute!
thanks for playing!

Tara said...

your post reminded me of when I used to ride my skateboard around in our unfinished basement with my SHAWN CASSIDY shirt on, singing "DA-DOO RUN RUN" with my paint stick microphone! I just really dated myself...do you even know whe Shawn is???? He was really hot just in case you are wondering!!