Sunday, October 12, 2008

Vacation

Wow, its been a long time since I've written. We had the wonderful opportunity to go to Oceanside with some very good friends of ours. It was magical. So hard to come back home to reality! I always have that problem when we go on family vacations. Its much easier to come home when only Scott and I go on vacation. We stayed in a condo on the beach. We had wonderful weather. Last year we went in May and had to suffer with marine layer fog the whole trip. Not fun. This year the beach was awesome! My kids enjoyed it more this year too. They had fun playing in the sand, water and boogie boarding. Long, sunny, lazy days on the beach, playing and searching for sea glass and sea shells. It doesn't get any better. Running on the beach in the morning then diving in the waves. Its my idea of heaven. (and it was the only time getting in the water was easy, I'm a wimp with colder water) Disneyland was also fun. Of course my kids loved it. They had all their Halloween decorations up. Grey won a VIP tour the second day we were there. It was great we had three tour guides take us around. My dream come true! We didn't have to wait in any lines!!! It was AWESOME!!! They also told us a lot of fun facts about the park.
We also went to Sea World. So, Sea World isn't my favorite place. This was my third time there and if it weren't for my kids, I'd never go back. I think it is fabulous the first time, okay the second time and gets old the third time. I'm there for three hours and I'm ready to go. I do love the dolphins and the whales but fifty dollars to see the same shows again and again? I also have a hard time with the whales being trapped in such a small tank for their size. I know they have to stay there because they were bred in captivity, but do they feel claustrophobic? I get the same feeling when I go to the zoo. Anyway, I digress. Grey loved Sea World. He said he liked it better than Disneyland! Next time, I want to go to Lego land. I think my boys would dig it. Hopefully Belle would have fun too.
All I have to say is, thank goodness for family vacations! It was so great to get away! So nice to have fun and not worry about one single thing from home! Oh, except the huge stock market drop! I tried my best not to watch the news all week! We did watch the Utah vs Oregon State game. Go Utes!

Disneyland with one of our tour guides


All of the kids (minus a baby) in line for Bug's Life ride


Jonah was in awe at Jedi training (he's obsessed with Star Wars)










The fog rolled in at the end of the day, it was way cool.

4 comments:

go boo boo said...

Your trip looks awesome! And you had to come back to this weather yuck! But, we are going to get you bundled up this winter for snowshoeing and cross country skiing, it's going to rock!

Lisa Cannon said...

I am so jealous of your trip. I want to run to Disneyland to catch the Halloween decorations! We were here watching the crash of the market. YUCK! Yes, I am about 7 weeks. I'm pretty sure my due date is 5/25. I am so excited for you, that will be fun to be due at the same time. Congrats! Now, your secret is out!

Tricia said...

Yeah!!! I found you!! Thanks for writing on my blog. . . I've been wanting to get back in touch with you over the years. I think the last time I saw you was either at a UofU graduation at our high school reunion. In any case, I'll have to read up and learn what you've been up to! Your children are beautiful. It does not surprise me at all that you are doing triathlons these days.

Andrea said...

I miss California! Your trip sounds wonderful. The sun, running on the beach, biking along the coast (did you bring your bikes?), playing in the water, Disneyland... We need a vacation so bad! I'm glad you had fun, and congrats. May is a great month! I'm still trying to convince Doug that Carol needs a little sister (or brother...)