Thursday, January 10, 2008

Our Miraculously Disgusting Bodies

Do you ever wonder why our bodies work the way they do? I have been completely amazed through my life at how amazing our bodies are. What they can do is miraculous. Which is part of the reason I went into health care. Physiology is fascinating to me. The fact that we can produce offspring, grow, learn, and perform different tasks is fabulous! The range of physical stamina and strength is mind boggling. The fact that people can finish an iron man triathlon in eight some odd hours is just crazy! (2.2 mi swim, 112 mi bike, and 26,2 mi race). I am so thankful for these wonderful bodies that we have been given.
But, do you ever wonder why our bodies are the way they are? Why can they be so utterly disgusting and magnificent at the same time? Case in point. Poop. I'm sorry, but poop is so incredibly disgusting! Especially when its someone else's. One of the few reasons I wish I wouldn't have gone into health care. Okay, I have three kids. I should be used to poop by now, right? NO!!! It still grosses me out! I had a huge poop mishap I had to help clean up at work tonight. I still feel like poop is going to be on everything I touch! It was crafty poo. I swear it was hiding everywhere on the wheelchair. We'd think we'd cleaned it all, and wham mo! We'd find some more! Why is it our bodies have some truly disgusting functions? (I'm sure you can think of others) This could be bad, but, do you have a gross poop story? Please share!

10 comments:

Becky, yep said...

I'm with you on the awful poop stuff. It's the only thing to trigger my GAG reflex!
When Tag was 18 months he took off his diaper, pooped on the floor of his room and then filled a toy "dump"truck with it! Needless to say, we don't own that toy anymore!
GROSS!

Lisa Cannon said...

I have so many poop stories... finding poo in our unfinished basement, Will taking a nap but taking off his poopy diaper first and sitting in various locations all over his room. YUCK! You're right though, our bodies are AMAZING!

Kristen said...

tausha you are not allowed to comment on this one!!!

The Ringleader said...

Everybody poops, but it still grosses me out when R, the dog, and my kids take care of business. The faces, sound effects and scents are an assault to the senses. I guess not everything in life can be glamorous. I hope you had some rubber gloves and a hazmat suit for you clean up.

Lisa Cannon said...

Have you seen the children's book Everybody Poops?? It is hilarious!

Kristen said...

another poop comment...I am brave to admit this...Sometimes when I get really intimidated by someone who just seems so PERFECT..you know...perfect hair..perfect body..perfect house..perfect kids..(that kind of perfect!) I just imagine them on the toilet pooping and then they seem like everybody else to me because like it or not...EVERYONE POOPS!!!!!

go boo boo said...

no poop stories. amen to the amazing miraculous bodies. i hope mine holds out for at least a few tri's but not iron mans. no thank you.

Tara said...

having 5 kids...I do have a few poop stories, but the worst of all is when my little Lora had all of her colon issues last year and during a deep barium enema at the hospital, she actually POOPEP out her MOUTH! I was just crying for her. It was awful! Maybe it will keep the boys away for a long time huh?

Tausha said...

How is that possible? Pooping out your mouth? Explain that one to me please!

Tausha said...

How is that possible? Pooping out your mouth? Explain that one to me please!