Monday, January 28, 2008

CALGON

What ever happened to "Calgon, take me away!" Do they still make Calgon? I'm not sure I even know what it is. Is it bubble bath? All I know, is that I could surely use some tonight! As I was locking myself in the bathroom to get one moment of peace (which is rare, even in the bathroom), Jonah was crying and banging on the door, "Calgon take me away!" popped right into my head out of nowhere! Yes, it was one of those nights. I love my children dearly, but the fighting, teasing and obnoxiousness gets out of hand sometimes and hence, I go crazy. In these times of insanity, I find myself searching for any way to escape. Some privacy, hot water, ear phones and bubble bath sounded divine tonight. But, alas, it wasn't to be. I had just run the dishwasher and didn't have enough hot water to be satisfying. ARGH! I need two fifty gallon water tanks! Maybe one of these days!

8 comments:

Lisa Cannon said...

I ALWAYS say "Calgon....." That must show our age - yikes! I can relate completely!

I've been taking a lot of baths lately. I'm sad you didn't get yours. Maybe some hot chocolate. That always makes me feel better! We added a hot water heater to our house about a year ago and we've never run out yet. It's wonderful!!! You should talk to Scott and tell him you NEED one! Do you guys ever talk to Josh Holt? I was thinking about those two the other day, laughing. Laughing about them at my house and Josh trying to kiss me. Those were the days...

Kristen said...

I took a nice hot bath last night but that was after i had puked all day. yes i had a BAD case of stomach flu. it is so hard for moms to get sick. alan is out of town also! needless to say, it was a bad day! but I did get a bath.

Morgan Memories said...

Brooke,

Glad to hear I am not the only one. Becky gave me your address.

Edie

go boo boo said...

Good to see you yesterday, you look fabulous and I would've never guessed you just had a root canal (not fun!) and didn't get your much desired "Calgon on" hot bath!

Lisa Cannon said...

What is your email? Email me at lisaah@juno.com. I want to invite you to lunch!

The Ringleader said...

There is a reason we don't have calgon anymore...we need something STRONGER to take us away! Just know that you are not alone. Keep fighting the good fight and just know that baking helps numb the senses.

Tara said...

yeah, it is good to know that everybody has those days! I am famous for screaming in the closet, where no one can hear me. At least I hope not. I always say that people with no kids will definately go to heaven and that's just not fair! Because without my kids, I would be perfect. (please know that I am kidding!!)

Brooke said...

Baking does take the edge off (a little too much). I always tell my sister its a good thing I don't drink. I think I'd be kicking back drinks instead of baking (and eating the goods) come 4pm! I guess if we didn't have kids, we would never develop the degree of patience we will one day have!