Thursday, January 24, 2008

I decide it was time to get rid of my Christmas template. Better late than never, right? I think that's going to be my new motto. For those of you who know me, you'd think that's been my motto for years. I guess my tardiness get worse with each kid I have. Maybe for or five isn't such a good idea? I'm kidding. We might add one more to the S bunch in the next year or two. I need to get to a point where I feel that I could handle having four kids vying for my attention 24/7. Three can be exhausting enough. I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.
I digress. I really wanted to share the experience of my first root canal. I know, you're excited. However, it was no big deal!!! Root canal has been the two words I have dreaded my whole adult life. I'm rather wimpy when it comes to having work done on my teeth. The shot, the smell and the numbness are just too much for me! So, I'm telling you, the tooth I had done must have been the one to have die! I have no pain whatsoever! It was less traumatic than some cavities I've had filled. Maybe my dentist is just a genius! (he's my brother-in-law) To help me and maybe you, in future endeavors to the dentist, I did learn a great tip today. Take your ipod! You so you can listen to your favorite tunes, close your eyes and zone out. I know, this can be difficult with the tugging, pulling and full head vibration from the drill and such. But, I thought it would have been nice to listen to a little Josh Groban on full blast to drown out the sound of the drill. (how do dentists ever get used to that sound?) By the way, I have to thank Kristen for getting me hooked on Josh. She took me to his concert and I've never been the same!
In closing, my dear friend wrote this and gave it to me today. I wanted to share it with you. Its past Christmas, but I thought it fitting for any time of year.
The greatest Christmas gifts:
To your Creator, faith
To your spouse, devotion
To your neighbor, love
To your enemy, forgiveness
To your children, patience
To yourself, hope

Isn't that great! So true for me in my life. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Lisa Cannon said...

I am so glad that your root canal wasn't that painful. I've never had one, and I hope to never have to. I'm with you on the drilling and the smell. HORRIBLE!!

I want to have another baby, too. But, need to get a hold of the three I have before I add another to the bunch! I'm glad that there will be another 34 year old that is prego!!

Kristen said...

i am glad i got you hooked on something good. okay so i am watching your boys right now and jonah has not made one sound. i put him in the high chair to give him a poptart--scott's idea of breakfast apparently--and he is just sitting there zoning. he did manage to take the binky out of his mouth although earlier he sneezed and kept it in no problem. anyway, he is the most MELLOW kid i have ever seen. i'll tend him any time. ha ha!

Becky, yep said...

I love the tanget posts!
And the christmas gift list!

Andrea said...

Three kids definitely put me over the top, but four has been great! Of course, that could have something to do with the 5 year break between 3 and 4... I'm not prepared to say that there will be a #5 though.

I'm glad you had a good experience at the dentist. I personally feel that dental work is the worst form of torture there is. I may have to try the ipod thing next time I go. A little distraction can go a long way.

Kate said...

I love your 'Life' post.. I for sure feel like that a lot of the time... I find the closer I live to the spirit- the more inspiration I get about what I need to do. Life is interesting- and the other day someone said- 'There are no coincidences in life' - I am not sure if I believe that is really true- but maybe one day I can look back and say so. BTW- let's get the boys together. W would love it! He got a Nintendo DS for his BDay- so they could sit and veg.

Tausha said...

Back to blogging. I have been gone a while, it is nice to catch up. I just figured out how everyone knew at bookclub that you had had a root canal. I was really worried I was a bad friend, but now I realize it probably had more to do with me being a bad blogger. Anyway, sorry for both. I am totally on the same page with the life comments and the baby. First of all, I don't think I am doing what I should be. I am more worried about accomplishing things than living life. It is kind of like April said. I realized that I would rather get stuff done than play with my kids. So sad. How do you balance your desire for self improvement and sanity with self sacrifice and simply being there for your kids? Please help. Also, the baby thing. My bum still hurts but babies are starting to look cute again. Something about Evie being a Libbies and telling me she had to have a sister has started the bug. Someone talk some sense into me. At the same time, I think we should have babies together again, that was fun!