Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weekend of Wonders


That title pumps up this post a little more than need be. I had a wonderful weekend! Do you ever feel like life is fantastic and your just wondering when the bubble is going to pop? I'm trying not to think about the popping part, because I am really happy right now.
You know it was my anniversary, so hopefully my weekend was at least ok, right? Well, it was, it was great. Friday was good because I got some new glasses. (I lost mine almost a year ago, so that tells you how in need I was.) The timing was great because I needed them to watch the most fantastic football game I have ever seen!!!! Yes, I'm sure you are all tired of hearing about the Utah game, but, IT WAS AWESOME!! Okay, I am not usually a football freak. It drives me crazy when football season comes around and all Scott wants to do all weekend is watch it! I think he could literally sit in front of the tv, or at a game, and watch football the whole weekend. (Not to mention Monday and Thursday night games.) I'm getting away from my point. Ah hum, despite my dislike for my husband's love affair with football, I love Utah/college football. I like going to the games, I'll even watch one on tv. I love the smells, the kettle corn and yes the proverbial stadium hot dog. It is also the perfect environment for people watching. Wow, I love to people watch, its hours of entertainment. We have a wanna be Elvis impersonator by us. He is continuous entertainment. Especially because he gets drunk and rowdy. He even got in a fight with a BYU fan last year! I digress, the win was so completely unexpected and they played so well, it was fantastic! Not to mention that Scott was in the mood of his life the rest of the night. (weekend for that matter)

My next wonder of the weekend was dessert Sunday night. ( I'm sure that's a shocker.) Tollhouse ( chocolate chip) pie. Wow, I think I'm in a heaven right now. It is a heart stopping, artery clogging, sugar coma causing delight! I first tried this delight at the Dodo. I found a recipe in the Favorites cookbook, but the one I tried tonight I like better. I got it from the beloved Paula Deen. I love her. I could listen to her talk for hours. (In case you don't watch the foodnetwork, she has a southern cooking show, she's from Savannah.) Anyway, I feel that I need to write her a thank you note for this recipe! You may or may not thank me for this, but here is the recipe. (I hope this isn't a copyright infringement.)

2 eggs, 1/2 c flour, 1/2 c packed brown sugar, 1/2 c white sugar, 8 Tablespoons butter (melted), One 6 oz. bag chocolate chips, 1 c. chopped pecans or walnuts, one 9 inch unbaked pie shell. Whipped topping or ice cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 325. In large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Add flour and brown sugar; beat until well blended. Blend in white sugar and butter. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Pour into pie shell. Bake for one hour. Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream. I added 1 tsp of vanilla to the batter.

Its devine, enjoy!
Taush, thanks for the nuts to make this treat even more enjoyable!

5 comments:

The Ringleader said...

HMMMMMM...thanks to Paula and Brooke, I too was able to enjoy that fabulous dessert. Thanks for the recipe! I am glad that you had a great weekend. You are not alone with all of the football madness, emotions, and sentiment. I too can get swept up in the excitement, especially when there is good food to accompany it. Sorry about Rocky giving Scott the silent treatment at church. He was still licking his wounds from the BYU loss.

Kristen said...

i am glad you had such a good weekend. i wish i were into football a little more. i can see the appeal of it. mostly just being in the stadium and eating hot dogs. i have tried the one in the favorites book and i thought it was good but if this one is better i will definitely try it. Hey april...bookclub dessert? just a thought.

Amy said...

I would be happy to give you my salsa recipe! Kristen might have it, but I doubt it. She can give you my #

Tara said...

wow, that makes me want to be a football fan....my 11 year old just started, so I guess I better start learning the game. Your post just made me happy! Sounds like you had a great weekend.
Remember I am on a no dessert month, so if you could refrain from MOUTHWATERING recipes, that would be nice!!!

go boo boo said...

Yummy yummy! I haven't heard enough about the Utah game! SO glad you were there to enjoy it! I can't wait to make the Paula Dean tollhouse pie recipe, I will have to make it for a party or something or else I might eat it all up!