Thursday, May 8, 2008

what is up with him?

So, what gene do men possess that makes them obsessed, transfixed and passionate. You may ask, obsessed, transfixed and passionate about what? Me? Our children? A personal goal he has? NO!!! It is almost summer and alas, it is time for NBA playoffs once again. Why is it that the playoffs (or sports in general) are so incredibly important to men? (ie. my husband) I was actually glad that I had to go to work tonight so that I wouldn't have to sit (or be within 100 ft) with Scott while watched the game. It was pretty likely that the Jazz were going to lose. I would have had to watch him tense up, yell at the TV and mourn the loss. I actually preferred to stay up all night at work. I like b-ball as much as the next person, but, really, does the world have to revolve around the playoffs? For example. My husband has a chance to go to the home game Sunday at 1:30 and he wants to go. Never mind that it is a Sunday, Mother's Day and we are having brunch with my family at 1:00. For some reason the game has the clout of a once-in-a-lifetime experience. HELLO!! The playoffs happen EVERY year!!! Will someone please help me understand this defect some men have!? I love Scott, he's the best, but come on! He had to leave the room the other night while the Jazz were playing. He was so uptight about the game that he was unsettling the kids. Thank you for letting me vent. This is all in good humor (in case you are reading this Scott) ha ha. GO JAZZ!!!

4 comments:

Lisa Cannon said...

Too funny!!! Mark is exactly the same way. What is it about guys? I totally agree. Please tell me that he isn't going to the game on Sunday. Mark would definately be in the DOG HOUSE for that one for a while! Watching basketball on TV is not my idea of fun. I would rather watch paint dry! I don't even watch the game if we go to the game. I would much rather watch my surroundings. Good luck, I have a feeling that these playoffs are almost over - ya hoo!!

The Ringleader said...

Sing it sister! I live with one of those cavemen too! He has his Jazz blinders on...it's the same with golf. Their judgement and brain functions become clouded with any mention of those two things. I guess we have our obsessions too...perhaps baking?

Brooke said...

It turns out that I wanted him to go to the game (he didn't end up going). We made a deal that if he went, I would get the triathlon wetsuit I want. I was actually a little bummed.

Kristen said...

too bad you didn't let him go..i would have paid big bucks to attend that game. talk about a nail biter. i am sure scott was dying inside but it sounds like he made the right choice. marriage vs. sports? hm...that's a no brainer to us, huh?