Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Sweet Family

Do you ever feel so happy and blessed that it almost scares you? Scares you, meaning you have so much, what would you do if you lost it? Is it just me or do other people think this way too? I have the best family and friends. I recently celebrated my 33rd birthday. It was one of those magical birthdays where you felt loved and special. What can I say, my husband is terrific. I never have to doubt that he loves me for exactly who I am. (After thirteen years and three kids, he's definitely seen me at my worst!) My birthday pretty much ended up being a week of celebration, thanks to my family and friends. THANK YOU!!!!!
I love my kids. Who would have guessed it could be so much fun to watch your kids interests and quirks as they grow? Isabelle loves to show me her dances that she choreographs. She loves littlest pet shops, soccer (I think more for social reasons) and playing with friends. She is such a good helper and mother to Jonah. Grey just celebrated his sixth birthday on the 22nd! I can't believe it has been six years. I love to think about the day they were born on their birthdays. I love to remember my feeling when I held them for the first time. How sweet they are when they fall asleep on your chest snuggled in. He is such a sweet boy. He is very loving. He tells us he loves us out of the blue all the time. He's starting to love sports, like his dad. He is thrilled with the basketball hoop he got for his birthday. (I'm still not sure if it was a gift for Grey or Scott) Jonah is so fun to watch. He wants to do everything his big brother and sister do. I didn't see this much with Grey and Belle, I think they were too close in age. Its fun to watch him mimic them. Only, it gets a little tricky when the big kids want to play outside and I don't! He doesn't get the fact that he can't wonder the neighborhood by himself! He is obsessed with Star Wars! And I mean OBSESSED! Star Wars are the first words out of his mouth in the morning. He will sit and watch almost all of the movie! He loves Grey's Darth Vader mask, action figures, ships and t-shirts! Its hilarious! At least until he throws a fit because we are going out in public and I make him take off Grey's size 6/7 Star Wars t-shirt. (he's a 2) Wow, I think I could gush about them all day, but I won't. They are great and I am so blessed to be their mother!

4 comments:

Becky, yep said...

I love that! YES, you absolutely SHOULD gush about your kids all day! they are so sweet! you do have a great family!

ps Happy Birthday! Don't our thirties feel good?

Kristen said...

brooke, you did luck out with great kids! notice i said "luck" because it is all luck isn't it? JK. It's a great feeling to be in a place in your life when you are truly happy. that doesn't happen very often for most people I would think. (of course I am always blissfully happy!) I understand about Jonah. Connor idolized Noah and it makes it hard because they tend to grow up a little too fast. I did love the shirt at the party though. How priceless!

Lisa Cannon said...

Isn't it great to be a mother. We are so lucky! I have great kids, too!

I'm glad that you had a great birthday! We need to get together soon - with kids.

The Ringleader said...

pinch yourself and take it all in. yes, you do have a great family! it's great that you can stop, enjoy the moment and the people you are sharing it with. i am glad you had a great b-day week! it was oh so fun to celebrate you!