Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Politics

I will apologize up front. I am going to talk politics. (hopefully you can tolerate my ignorance and enlighten me.) The more I hear, the more I am worried for our elections next year. Do people think that it is most likely that a Democrat will win because people are so bitter about our Republican president? If so, I am worried even more. I have recently heard a couple of things about Hilary Clinton, that are very disturbing. If I am correct, I think she is currently number one in the poles. Yikes! I have to say, the feminist in me is glad that a woman is a contender. But, I fear her chromosomes are the only thing I like about her. I just watched a clip on You Tube that incriminated her in campaign fund raising fraud. She apparently lied about funds that were donated to her campaign. She stated she was unaware and uninvolved in the illegal activity. (her financial advisor took the fall) This clip (if true and undoctored) had evidence otherwise. I also read a statement where she protested to have a murderer acquitted (a black panther who executed a fellow black panther). Is it all a smear campaign, or is she really that crooked? What do you think? Who do you think is the front runner thus far? Who do you like and why?

5 comments:

Lisa Cannon said...

You're right about the whole woman thing. It is nice to finally see one being considered. I've never really liked her, though. I don't know who I'm going to vote for. It is beyond me why anyone would want to run for office to have their names drug through the mud. I've heard negative press for Obama as well. I do like Mitt, but that may only be because he is LDS. It will be interesting to see what his speech on religion is like this week and how everyone in the country responds. This race is getting ugly!

Kate said...

I don't like her... democrat or not... women or not... but it is good to bring it up!

Becky, yep said...

Good Post! I don't like anything about Hillary and sure hope she doesn't make Primaries! I'd love to see that you-tube, do you have a link?

Kristen said...

okay...i am going to be a little controversial here...(no I do NOT like the Clintons!) I have been thinking about a woman for president and personally..I don't think it should happen. This is strictly from a religious standpoint..so if someone reading this is not lds..forgive me. i kind of look at it like the gospel. would heavenly father ever call a woman to be prophet? no, because she does not have the priesthood. i think in an ideal world..where everyone running for president were lds..I would want a priesthood holder who has a stronger power and ability to hold such a HUGE responsiblity. i am all for women's rights, etc. but in that particular area i feel like maybe a man is a better choice.

is this going to stir up some strong opinions? it's just something i have been thinking about lately. my feelings may change..who knows.

Brooke said...

I never thought about that before. That makes sense.
That gives me something to think about. But, I would never vote for the current woman running. I think she is the absolute opposite of a worthy priesthood holder!