Thursday, June 19, 2008

Roll out those lazy hazy crazy days of summer!

So far... not lazy, the sky is hazy and definitely life is crazy!!!! I love that song. I'm not even sure who sings it, Frank Sinara, Bing Crosby maybe? Wow, what a whirlwind!!!! How is it that summer is busier than the school year? I definately made the mistake of overbooking my kids! Well, the problem is that everything I have them signed up for this summer happens to be in June! Grey has soccer, track and swimming lessons. Isabelle has track and soccer camp. All the driving back and forth is awful! (especially with our lovely fuel prices!) We also are trying to fit in the other fun stuff like the park, zoo, swimming and of course lots of play dates. I think that after this week it should settle down quite a bit. At least soccer camp and swimming lessons will be over! I definitely will pull out the calandar and plan a little better next time!
Grey and Belle had their first track meet the other day. It was so fun! (other than the fact that it was 93 degrees, I need to adjust to the heat a little better!) Most of you know I love to run so therefore, I am pushing my kids to do the same. I hope it doesn't backfire. So far they like it! Nothing cuter than seeing 8 six year olds hauling cookies for 50 meters! They get so serious! I love it!
I on the other hand have my first oly length tri of the season this Sat. I am nervous!!! Open water swimming scares me!! I just think about it and it practically gives me diarrhea! Sorry, too much information. I don't think I'll ever get used to pre-race jitters!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

call me when life slows down and we will swim. sorry i didn't make it to murray. i ended up being gone most of the day helping my friend find a swimming suit and then i headed to the pool about 3:30pm. anytime you guys want to come over please call!!! the thought of you doing what you are doing just makes me nervous. and based on my poop problems i would welcome diarrhea anyday. (well not enough to do triatholons!)

Andrea said...

How fun! I have wanted to get the kids into track before, but the only program out here that I have found is in July and July is our crazy month so we haven't ever done it.

Good luck on your tri! I kind of wish I were racing too. Maybe I will be back in shape enough by the end of summer... You're amazing.

The Ringleader said...

You are a pack of athletes aren't you? I am so honored to know someone that enjoys that stuff. How did the big tri go? I am sure you did awesome. I can't wait to hear all about it. Hopefully July is kinder to you.

Sam and Josh said...

Brooke and Scott how are you. Looks like you guys are doing great. So glad I found you.